Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Austria, Styria, Leibnitz maps

Here is a map of Austria (Österreich auf deutsch). It's amazing to me how many different countries surround this small country of 32,000 sq. miles. It borders Germany and the Czech Republic to the north, Slovakia and Hungary to the east, Slovenia and Italy to the south, and Switzerland and Liechtenstein to the west. The capital city is Vienna (Wien), which has the largest population of 1.7 million.
I will be staying in that orange province, Styria (Steiermark), whose capital is Graz. Specifically I will be in Leibnitz, demarked by the flag in the picture below.

This places me very near the border of Slovenia, a country I will have to read more about. It also places me above the city of Ehrenhausen, near the Mur river, and in a valley with the Alps to my west.

1 comment: